Complete Step by step Guide about National Skills Registry (NSR) Registration Process :
Note : Use Internet Explorer (IE 8 or previous version, even IE 9 has compatibility problems) for the registration process. Google Chrome and Firefox encounter too many bugs during registration. All Indian Govt. websites have strange affinity for IE ! :)
- Go to https://nationalskillsregistry.com/
- When asked "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items: Do you want to display the nonsecure items?" choose YES
- Look for "NEW USER?" and click "Register Now" (provided you are registering for the first time or else "Complete your Registration" (provided you already filled up some details and have to fill the rest).
- After you click "Register Now" a pop-up window appears (enable pop-up windows for this site) https://nationalskillsregistry.com/nasscom/pageflows/itp/itpRegistration/begin.do
- Read the instructions, select "I Agree" selected, click "Submit"
- Select NSR Registration Requested By "Registering at my own" (You can always change the details later, you don't need to select anything right now if you are a fresher and if you are presently employed give your employer name and ID.
- Then in the personal information fill up the relevant details. Mother's maiden name means "Surname that she used before she was married". You don't need to write the full name, only surname is required.
- Fill up the present address block. Your NSR IT Card will be delivered to this address or else the permanent address (you can choose that later in the steps), so fill it up carefully.
- Fill up the immediate previous address (if any). If you stayed at your present address for more than 1 year, then only you need to fill up this block else this block cannot be filled up.
- Permanent Address Block. If it's the same as the present address then the present address will be reflected back in this block else you need to fill up the permanent address.
- Other Personal Information: Country code for India is 91 (Don't write + or 0, only the country code). Then write state code i.e. the STD code (Example. For Kolkata it is 33) and then the phone number.
- If you have Passport and/or PAN enter the details, else leave the fields blank.
- Authentication part is the next one. Fill it up. Login Id can be anything you wish (more than 5 letters). There are 2 passwords Login and Transaction. Follow the Password Rules and set your passwords. Two password cannot be same. In short your passwords should be strong passwords.
- Click "Save and Continue".
- Now you will get your Acknowledgment number. Save it in Notepad
- Then fill up your education details. If you don't have any professional certificates, leave them blank. (remember you can always change then later, so don't worry).
- If you are not currently employed, then when asked for "Presently employed"... choose "No" (For freshers). This will make all the fields inactivate and you can proceed. Else fill up the relevant details. (Again if you wish you can always change these things later)
- Choose the card delivery address.
- Click on "Submit and View".
- The details entered by you will be displayed in a single page. Here you can either modify them (in case of errors or if you wish to add something extra) or leave them as they are after re-checking them.
- Then click on "Continue your registration by doing the payment".
- Registration amount will be displayed and you have to choose the payment mode.
- You can either pay online or at the location of POS (Offices assigned by NASSCOM). For a list of POS check - https://nationalskillsregistry.com/pos-details-register.htm
- Sinceyou have to visit a POS to submit your fingerprints, you can also pay the fees along with your fingerprints. You can pay by either cash or DD.
- Now you will get your ITP Web Registration Acknowledgement Form
- Print the (ITP Web Registration Acknowledgement Form). Even If you don't have a printer with you , you can always enter your NSR account by going to "New User", click "Complete your Registration", Enter the Acknowledgment Number & Password and from there on get this Acknowledgement form and print it.
- Then with your photo attached and signature in the form, go to a POS (Point Of Service) with the fees and a Photo identity [Voter's Id card/Passport/Driving License/Bank Pass Book (with Photo)/College Icard (not more than 1 year old)/PAN card/Employment Identity Card] within 30 days of completing the online registration. The validity of the acknowledgment form is also mentioned in the form itself.
- The whole process of taking fingerprints takes about 5-7 minutes.
- After paying the fees and fingerprints, you will get your ITPIN in a short duration. It will be sent to your email id (the one you provided).
- That's it! You will get your card within 20-30 days. You can check the card status also.
So that was long but don't worry, folow these steps and do your registration. And don't forget to Like Our Facebook Page to get regular updates about Infy directly on Facebook!